Feb 28, 2019
How great is this... AM Taxi (Adam, Chris and Jay) jump in the
Mazda (courtesy of the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston, 1015 Chicago
Avenue) for an interview and in-car performance! The band's new
album, "Shiver By Me," is an easy album to fall in love with. I'm
playing it as I type this description, in fact.
Making this episode even better is the presence of Lou Malnati's
pizza. I've been eating Lou's since childhood, and I've enjoyed
every single pizza I've ever had from there. We took our food to-go
from the Wicker Park carry out location (1520 N Damen Ave, Chicago,
IL 60622). Great, friendly service to match the food!
Discussed this week:
- AM Taxi had to "sing for their supper," performing before
receiving the glorious reward of pizza from Lou Malnati's.
- The band plays "Movie About Your Life," a favorite from the new
album. The song is great, and this exclusive Car Con Carne version
is amazing. AM Taxi totally earned their Lou Malnati's pizza.
- We got two amazing, iconic pizzas from Lou's: Cheese and "The
Lou" (Spinach mix (enhanced with garlic, basil & onion), mushrooms
and sliced Roma tomatoes covered with three cheeses, on a garlic
- We basically go song-by-song through "Shiver By Me," from the
personal nature of some of the songs to the obvious inspiration of
- Deep dish eating strategy.
- Is "Fed Up" AM Taxi's "Stairway to Heaven?"
- After being in the scene as long as Adam has (including his
time and long-running and wonderful Lucky Boys Confusion), what's
- My problem remembering names: Can't we all agree to remind
people who we are after meeting them a long time ago?
- I went record shopping at Reckless before recording. Was it to
impress AM Taxi?
- Should Wicker Park pizza places offer free beards as a gift
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of