Mar 19, 2019
Chicago finally has its own record pressing plant, Smashed
Plastic! This is the right idea at the right time for the Chicago
music scene, and I couldn't have been more impressed with what
they've already managed to do with their business. Check out the
video tour here:
Andy, John and Steve from Smashed Plastic join me for grocery
store tacos as we discuss:
- Starting a record-pressing business: How to find the right
machinery and approach.
- The joy of running this kind of business.
- Everyone wants to hug the Smashed Plastic owners.
- Pressing vinyl: The "high cost" perception vs. the reasonable
- How long is the process from idea to pressed records?
- What makes records so damn appealing?
- Would Smashed Plastic ever branch out to other states? Spoiler
- There are local music events just waiting to happen at the
Smashed Plastic space
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of
Google Play Music