Jul 31, 2017
Tony and Tina's Wedding
This week, it's the stars of Tony & Tina's Wedding: Rory
Zacher and Concetta Rose (Tony and Tina). They jump in my
Mazda 3 to eat Mexican food from La Pasadita (1140 N. Ashland
The show is one of a kind, and you can find out more at
We talk a lot about Tony & Tina's Wedding and plenty of
other interesting stuff, including:
- Concetta's move to Chicago to take on the role of Tina.
- Rory's ascent to the role of Tony.
- Why Tony and Tina's Wedding is kinda like jazz.
- Concetta and Rory's off-stage ballbusting friendship.
- Show-goers who get a little *too* into the show.
- Rory's career in the adult film industry. For real. My first
question: "What's the casting process like?" That's when I learned
what "Go-sees" are.
- "I'm used to dealing with strong, brassy Italian women."
- The mom who told Rory at the show, "I wanna take you home and
have you wind up in my bed the next morning."
- Rory's real-life wedding registration, and why the bagel
guillotine is a classic.
- The amount of sweat that accumulates in their wedding
- First concerts: Rory is a hair metal fan; Concetta's a boy band
- Spanx: Pros and cons for guys.
- The Social Media Message of the Week from Boost Mobile comes
from listener Karen