Oct 31, 2019
Jason Narducy (Bob Mould, Split Single, Superchunk, Verbow,
Verboten, Jason and Alison, so much more) met me for conversation
and THE MOTHERLOAD at City Barbeque in Park Ridge (123 N Northwest
Pkwy, Park Ridge, IL 60068). City Barbeque basically set us up with
one of everything. I'm still wrestling with the meat sweats as I
Advance warning: Verboten: The Musical is opening
January 26th at the Chopin Theatre!
This episode is sponsored by C & H Financial
Services. C&H will also upgrade your business to THE
INDUSTRY'S LEADING Point of Sale system to streamline every aspect
of your business for NO COST.
Discussed this week:
- The similarities between my car and Jason's grandmother's
- The first time Jason and I met. No way would he remember.
- Bob Mould's Riot Fest set, and the things that made it special
- What makes Guided By Voices tick? It's beer.
- The lasting impact of Bob Mould's "Workbook" album.
- Bob Mould is going to rage to his grave.
- Bob Mould's band doesn't practice? Seriously?
- Our friendship is at "tin shareable" level.
- The mythology of Jason's first band, Verboten, has grown into
- The correlation between Jason and Dave Grohl.
- Verboten: The Musical. OPENING JANUARY 26 AT THE CHOPIN
- Mike Mills is playing on the new Split Single album. MIKE
FREAKING MILLS. Jason: "I was obviously thrilled that he said (he'd
play on the album)."
- The first time Jason played in front of Mike Mills was
- What the future holds for Jason.