May 11, 2019
Paul Ciolino and Lupe Aguirre of The Chicago PoPo Report
(Saturdays 7-9 p.m. on WLS-AM 890) jump in my car to talk about
crime and punishment. Discussed this week:
- We got breaded steak sandwiches from Freddie's on 31st, a
"total cop restaurant."
- Paul and Lupe are trailblazers.
- The seemingly-imminent legalization of marijuana in
- Is Chicago the violent dystopia we see reported on the
- "You go to the east of the Cell, you've got a problem."
- What do people get wrong in their perception of the
- "It's easy to escalate a situation."
- What moments stand out as most positive in their police
- "Every day, you get a chance to be impactful."
- Lupe has a very calming influence, to the point where I wanted
to tell him where I buried the bodies.
- Paul was described as an "all-around pain in the backside" by
- How "Chicago" is Paul? We should test his blood.
- "You never know what's on the other side of that door."
- "ALWAYS look at people's hands."
- "No one's ever gotten shot with a foot."
- Are things worse now than they were when Paul and Lupe each
started in law enforcement?
- "Gangsters are going to get guns."
- "We could drive six blocks and buy... a nice gun."
- The only difference between the PoPo Report on WLS-AM and the
PoPo Report on Car Con Carne: Profanity!
- Paul and Lupe should have done a ride along with me.
- Paul took a shot of marinara to the hoodie. Good thing he was
wearing a vest.
- Lupe is "Hollywood Handsome."
- The parallel universe that is Aldi.
- "Most criminals are stupid shits... I've never met a criminal
who retired rich."
- The book "American Kingpin": I HIGHLY recommend it.
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of
Google Play Music