Jan 30, 2020
Celebrated crime author-slash-entrepreneur Marcus Sakey joins me
this week to talk about Ritual Zero Proof, the new company he
launched in September.
Ritual Zero Proof makes totally delicious alcohol-free whiskey
and gin, perfect for mixing into your favorite cocktail recipes! We
sampled Old Fashioneds and Gin & Tonics as were parked outside
Ritual HQ on Irving Park Road. Discussed this week:
- The four months since Ritual launch, and the insane speed
everything's been moving at.
- Bespoke Box's role in my Ritual discovery.
- The birth of Ritual... in Marcus's kitchen.
- We dared police to ask what we were doing.
- Can you drink Ritual beverages "neat?"
- Traditionally, creative people make terrible businessmen.
- I give an unpaid plug to Trader Joe's Quinoa Cowboy veggie
- How did Marcus know when to stop iterating the initial versions
of Ritual whiskey and gin?
- If you like fried chicken, you'll love Ritual Zero Proof.
- When did Marcus know he had a legit business idea with
- Millennials are totally down with the zero proof idea.
- The opportunity the "spirit alternative" category
- Marcus's literary career, and whether it runs in conflict with
- What does Marcus's writing schedule look like?
- The future of Marcus's books in Hollywood: "Will Smith is still
Car Con Carne is sponsored by C&H Financial Services