Jul 18, 2019
Showoff released their self-titled major label debut 20 years
ago, and an hour before they took the stage to celebrate the
anniversary at Beat Kitchen, Chris, Dan and Dave jumped into my
car. Discussed in this episode:
- Our career trajectories have fallen.
- The last time I interviewed them was about this album, and here
we are 20 years later, talking about it again...
- We talk about every song on the album, going song-by-song.
- Chris was the beneficiary of the all-new "nipple cam."
- We recorded in a highly residential area, which was...
- "Ralphie" should have been a single.
- Showoff's first big tour was the literal worst tour to launch
the band's major label career.
- The circumstances around the band's breakup: 9/11 was a major
- "If you like the Beatles, you're gonna love Showoff."
- Shhh... all the band's songs are about Chris not being able to
find a girlfriend.
- The days of bands being accused of "selling out."
- Chris is a hugger; don't let him tell you differently.
- What's the future of Showoff? And where do families fit
- I didn't feed the band (Car Sin Carne), and I was made to feel
guilty about it.
Car Con Carne is presented by
The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.