Oct 9, 2017
Christopher Hall and Walter Flakus of Stabbing Westward jump in
the Mazda 3 for conversation before taking the stage at Metro to
headline Cold Waves 2017 at Metro.
This episode is lovingly powered by Boost Mobile. While I'm on
the topic, pick up a phone at Boost and call a friend to let 'em
know about this interview. It's awesome.
Here's what we talked about:
- "We were not considered (the cool band in Chicago in the
- Die Warzau's role in helping Stabbing Westward in the early
- Christopher's lingering issues that need to be worked out on
- Cold Waves and the issue of depression as it relates to
- The importance of Wax Trax Records!
- What Ed Sheeran accomplished that Christopher Hall should have
- Relationship advice: Stay broken up forever.
- The initial split: "The music industry was collapsing around
us... and we did not like each other any more."
- The schism between Walter and Christopher toward the end of the
band's first run
- The simple pleasures of blow jobs and IPA beer
- The tragedy that brought Christopher and Walter back
- Is the Dreaming still a band? And why are they like Tones on
- Starting a new band is like selling blenders at Costco
- Christopher is a fan of the Mazda 3's interior
- Stabbing Westward's delayed gratification White Castle