Jul 7, 2017
Household-name-waiting-to-happen pop singer Fiona Grey
joins me for an Italian sausage at Roma's Italian Beef
& Sausage (4237 N Cicero Ave, Chicago, IL 60641). I had the Hot
Doug's Atomic Sausage Combo and fries... and holy crap, it was
Here's what we covered:
- Fiona's cool jacket from Barcelona and my $12 shirt from
- Roma's plays the Loop (97.9) all day long! I tried to thank the
person at the counter for listening, but she wasn't terribly
interested. Then, about 12 minutes into the show, Roma's owner Fred
came to the passenger window to say hi. Thanks, Fred!
- Bill Zwecker wrote a story about her in the Chicago
- The difference between living in Chicago and L.A.
- Walking in L.A.: Just as Missing Persons explained, nobody does
- Schuba's, and why you shouldn't drink at a show there
- Why Kombucha? Why?
- Where artistic inspiration hits (and you won't believe what she
records her ideas on)
- My son calls and interrupts the show
- Our shared love for David Bowie
- Fiona's approach to fashion: "Less is sometimes more"
- How her father (Ralph Covert) influenced her perspective,
attitude and craft
- BOOST MOBILE social messages of the week come courtesy of
listeners Jodi and Melissa