Jul 31, 2019
This week, Chicago band Death and Memphis met me at BrauerHouse
(1000-13 North Rohlwing Road) in Lombard. We loved our food, and
showed it off on camera for the Car Car Con Carne Facebook account,
should you want to watch it there. Beware: my awful camera work
torpedoes the last part of the interview (long after the food is
Discussed this week:
- The BrauerHouse menu: It's awesome. And I'll be back for the
Zombie Burger, which was flat-out delicious.
- The Tater Tachos were ridiculously good.
- Pistachio Pesto Fries: Holy. Crap.
- Steev from Death and Memphis was celebrating a birthday as we
recorded. Not sure where the podcast ranks on the list of birthday
- Zombie Burger to go: Eyeball assembly required.
- Why did I wear a white shirt?
- Death and Memphis just played BrauerHouse recently and loved
- Death and Memphis history, dating back to 2013.
- I had to surrender hosting duties because I couldn't eat the
Zombie Burger and host at the same time.
- Thanks to listener Eddie, who was inside BrauerHouse.
- I'm convinced there are people who don't even realize this is a
- I'm twitchy AF.
- Thanks to Newcity for naming me one of this year's "Music 45"
and mentioning Car Con Carne in the write-up!
- The August 9 release of new Death and Memphis music.
- Their next gig: August 10 with 350 Brewery!
- Why isn't there more death in Death and Memphis?
- The band chose a conjunction over a preposition. WHY?
- Why is Steev's name spelled "Steev?" WHY?
Car Con Carne is presented by
The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.