Aug 11, 2019
Trevor Rose-Hamblin (owner/head brewer, Old Irving Brewery and
Fiona McEntee (owner, McEntee Law Group) are on the show for a
so-crazy-it-just-might-work balance of immigration law information
and beer talk. We recorded the show in advance of the Trotter
Project Beer Fest kicking off on Sunday 8/11 at the Irish American
Heritage Center, 4626 North Knox.
- Why did I pair brewery owner Trevor with immigration lawyer
Fiona for this episode? I thought they'd have "terrific
- The Trotter Project Beer Fest on Sunday 8/11 (Irish American
Heritage Center, 4626 North Knox). The Fest launches Charlie
Trotter Days on Sunday.
- Immigration law, especially as it pertains to touring
- We started our OIB courses with Fried Zucchini (Sicilian caper
salsa verde, beer vinegar aioli, parmesan, lemon).
- The curbside service we got for the podcast has ruined me for
all future recordings. (Also: Thanks, Matt!)
- The food at OIB is high end and next-level.
- How does Fiona feel about doing media: "I have a responsibility
to try and use (my) voice to try and advocate for my clients."
- Fiona's next immigration-related endeavor: A children's
- Labor trafficking and sex trafficking: Which is more
- "Taking your job home": The differences between Fiona and
- We had the exceptional (and absolutely worth trying if you've
never had anything like it) wood-fired Spanish octopus (crispy
potatoes, Piquillo peppers, beer vinegar aioli, oregano, lemon,
green olive salsa).
- The key to business travel: Exploring in your down time.
- We finished our tour of the menu with the OIB burger (8oz wood
fired USDA Prime beef, white cheddar, caramelized onions,
beer vinegar aioli, rosemary bun, plus fried egg and bacon!).
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston