Jan 22, 2018
This week, it's a visit to Kuma's Corner (2900 W. Belmont),
which is basically Ground Zero for Chicago's 21st century burger
My guest is Kuma's Creative Director David Bacso, who came to
the podcast armed with two burgers:
The Minsk (January, 2018 Burger of the Month) - 10oz Beef
Patty (or choice of protein), Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut,
Brown Mustard, Sweet Gherkin. "It's like a Reuben."
The Neurosis - Cheddar, Swiss, Caramelized Onions, Sauteed
Mushrooms, Horseradish Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion
And over the course of this Boost Mobile-sponsored episode, we
- The Cannibal Corpse burger. I was too late for that one, but
I'm dying to try it.
- The best-selling Kuma's burger? No surprise there. Does anyone
- The Slayer burger. Anger is a real ingredient.
- Kuma's was ahead of the curve on craft beer like Lagunitas and
- The size of the Kuma's burgers: "I need to work out to lift
- It's more metal to have a burger cooked medium rare.
- If you don't finish your burger, you're "bitching out."
- Is Kuma's a date restaurant?
- After eating at Kuma's I want to be left alone my
- How Kuma's found the perfect address (666 W. Diversey).
- David has the perfect gig: "I get to work with some of my
- The infamous "Ghost" burger, complete with communion
- The also-infamous Rod Blagojevich burger.
- "Where do you find inspiration?" "Weed."
- Working with big-name bands: "There's a mutual respect which is
- Kuma's experience after being showcased on Food Network.
- Restaurant expansion? Deliberate and mindful?
- David's favorite Kuma's burger. Hint: He likes the "spicy
- Impressions from Guy Fieri's visit?
- Eating the chips is a courtesy.