Apr 23, 2019
Singer/songwriter and Smashing Pumpkins keyboardist Katie Cole
met me at the wonderful Haymarket Pub & Brewery (737 W.
Randolph, Chicago) for food and conversation.
She was in town to play Haymarket the following night, and
you'll hear us plug the show. You'll also hear us discuss:
- Michael from Haymarket hand delivered our delicious Haymarket
food! Too bad he wasn't on roller skates.
- Katie's side hustle with the Smashing Pumpkins.
- Haymarket's Americana series is fantastic.
- Katie's superior EP, "Things That Break, Part 1."
- Maybe "straddling" isn't the best word choice.
- You have to build a protective force field when eating.
- Sweet potato tots make the world go round.
- Awkward poses are the only kind of poses I know.
- The song "Graceland" and Katie's relationship with American pop
- Our view for the night? An open porta-potty. #blessed
- Everyone in Tennessee sounds like Katie Cole.
- Sound life advice is administered.
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of