Jan 27, 2019
Chicago Magic Lounge Entertainment Director Ben Barnes jumps in
the car to talk about the history of table magic in Chicago, his
history with magic and the happenings at Chicago Magic Lounge (5050
For this episode, we went to nearby Hot "G" Dog (5009 N. Clark)
for some of the best sausages you can get in the city. I had rabbit
sausage. It put hare on my chest. Heh.
Discussed this week:
- The "Hot Doug's" legacy lives on at Hot "G" Dog. They do
amazing things with sausage (Crawfish dog! Alligator sausage! Duck
- Close-up magic in Chicago nightclubs... a decades-long
- The Chicago Magic Lounge is housed in an old commercial
laundromat ("the entryway was touched as little as possible").
- Magic's influence and appeal with kids.
- The different shows at Chicago Magic Lounge, including the
- Ben does close-up magic in the car... and it blows my
- "The Ace of Hearts ended up in his mouth!"
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of