Oct 23, 2019
It's spooky season on Car Con Carne, and this episode finds the
podcast at 13th Floor Haunted House in Melrose Park. Joining me for
the experience is the Mizzerables (Joe and Korey), whose most
recent album, "whatever... this sucks," is a hooky, guitar-driven
collection of melodic punk. Discussed this week:
- The Mizzerables don't know techno. They're a pop punk
- The disorienting aspects of some of 13th Floor's rooms.
- This was the first haunted house Joe went to in literal
- "(Haunted house actors) can't touch you anymore."
- Star Trek: The Next Generation lost its footing when Worf's kid
joined the show.
- The men of the Mizzerables are looking sharp in sweater vests
with nothing underneath.
- What's up with the Mizzerables wanting to change their name a
- Dan Precision (88 Fingers Louie) has a too-hard-to-pronounce
- The political nature of some of the Mizzerables' music.
- Suburbs: Pro or con?
- Did the Mizzerables honestly want to do the podcast?
- Car Con Carne is in the running for "Best Music Podcast" in the
Chicago Reader's "Best of Chicago 2019" poll!