Nov 10, 2018
Bruce Iglauer, founder of iconic blues record label Alligator
Records, joins me for an in-depth conversation about the blues, his
label and excellent new book ("Bitten by the Blues"). Over tacos
from Flaco's Tacos (1116 20 W Granville Ave, Chicago, IL 60660), we
- The gut punch of the Epilogue.
- Blues teaches anatomy.
- How can the blues evolve and stay vital?
- Bruce's early days of hitting the west and south side Chicago
- "Belly rubbing music."
- Tornzo Cannon's new album, and day job driving a CTA bus around
- The three different levels "Bitten by the Blues" can be read
- The prevalence of booze on the blues scene: "It was part of the
basic culture of the blues."
- Koko Taylor, and Bruce's relationship with her.
- The Rolling Stones and their public persona, as perceived by
the blues community.
- Buddy Guy, pre-Checkerboard Lounge.
- BITTEN BY THE BLUES: THE MOVIE.
- "There's nothing like being the hero of a real