Jun 24, 2018
This week's guest is DZ Records impresario Ben Arguelles, who's
getting ready to launch this year's DZ Fest (July 7 & July 8).
DZ Fest has become a must-attend, totally DIY, 2-day event... at
On this episode (sponsored by BOOST MOBILE), we
- Staging a 2-day DIY festival in his backyard: 2 days, 2 stages,
40 bands. ("Setting up is always a crazy time.")
- I don't know my neighbors, and DZ Fest drives home the shame I
- Having a beard and eating messy food: The enjoyment of having
the same meal twice!
- Our food was from south side sub institution Peppo's. The
secret of Peppo's? "The guts" ("it's a messy meal")
- Starting DZ Fest in 2012: Did Ben think at the time that he was
biting off more than he could chew?
- Staging DZ Fest: From stage-building to wiring the
- "People are watching, and they're probably repulsed by
- The DZ Fest booking process: Are bands offering themselves up
as much as Ben's chasing them down?
- Has anyone tried to co-opt or move DZ Fest to a new
- Ben's roommates: Hamm's drinkers.
- Who will be the "sleeper" band at this year's DZ Fest "You mean
a band you sleep through?" "No!"