Nov 5, 2018
This week, I'm joined by super-talented WGN-TV
anchor/host/personality Marcus Leshock (a multiple Emmy winner! A
WGN Employee of the Month!). Gaby from Borinquen Lounge (3811 N
Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60618) jumps in the car with jibaritos
that are beyond delicious: Fried plantains, steak, garlic mayo,
cheese. They're the best jibaritos in Chicago, because BORINQUEN
Discussed this week:
- Gaby tells the history of the jibarito, starting with her uncle
Peter Figuroa, who invented the sandwich.
- Marcus's jibarito challenge with a WGN co-worker.
- Did Marcus ever get tired of seeing himself all over the place
when he worked for Metromix?
- Marcus's make up keeps him at the age of 25.
- Eating jibaritos in a car: "Messy adds to the experience."
- WGN-TV's morning show is a dynasty that ranks with the 1990s
- The secret recipe to WGN's morning show success.
- Marcus's love for roller coasters, and his essential Great
- Marcus talks about his career highlights.
- What's the one thing that's distinctly "Chicago?"
- Chicago vs. the suburbs.
- Going for jibaritos is like going to concerts in Chicago in the