May 15, 2018
This week, I'm joined Dave Raymond, singer/guitarist/songwriter
for the super-cool Chicago band Hidden Hospitals. He picked the
location for the recording: The vegetarian taqueria Quesadilla La
Reina Del Sur (2235 N Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60647). The food was
really good, if not destructively spicy.
If you happen to be listening to this during the week of
5/14/18, go see Hidden Hospitals May 18th at the Burlington!
Here's what we talked about on this episode, sponsored by
- The "chorizo" and "chicharrón" tacos: Totally meatless, and too
scaldingly hot to actually touch.
- The radio history Hidden Hospitals and I share.
- Hidden Hospitals: Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
- The only incontestable excuse for guest cancellations.
- The incursion of Black Bear Rodeo into the podcast
- Hidden Hospitals history.
- The new album and the transformation of the band's sound for
the new album, "Liars."
- A lot of songs on the new album are about relationships... Dave
- "Liars" is on vinyl, and it looks cool.
- Why vinyl is awesome.