Oct 2, 2018
Car Con Carne, presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston,
heads to the Ravenswood area to meet up with
author/vegan/sustainability expert Ashlee Piper (Give
a Sh*t: Do Good. Live Better. Save the Planet.) Given Ashlee's
background, it made sense to meet at Urban Vegan (1601-1603 W
Montrose Ave, Chicago, IL 60613). Discussed on the show this
- My first guest for a new sponsor has a book with profanity
right in the title.
- Did I mess up when I went grocery shopping? Did I do the right
thing by going to a farmers market? Preparing for Ashlee made me
paranoid about everything.
- Ashlee isn't perfect: "I am a fallible, flawed human
- Ashlee brought her own containers for carry-out from Urban
- We recorded the show in the handsome and badass Mazda CX-9,
courtesy of the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.
- New word alert! Ashlee breaks in two for the podcast!
- Vegenaise is the "Lord's sauce."
- Mission #1: DON'T SPILL IN THE AUTOBARN CAR.
- I'm a saucy sandwich!
- I eat my meal from Ashlee's family silver.
- Eating meat is super hard on the environment.
- Ashlee's Buzzfeed quiz: "Which ethical vegan are you?"
- We make about 4.1 pounds individually every single day. "That
can't be right."
- I don't like farm shares.
- When CSAs go bad: "BEETS COMING OUT OF YOUR ASS"
- Recycling tips
- What good can one person realistically do?
- "We live in some trying political times." "I haven't even
- I'm an asshole for using a straw.
- Ashlee on the Mazda CX-9: "This car is legit."
- Tales of a branded Mazda 3, and the family conflict it
- The Ravinia crowd: "Those people don't get me."
- I refuse to double dip.
- I stay parked with semi-famous local people.
- It only took Ashlee three weeks to write "Give a Shit."