Sep 2, 2018
I'm joined this week by a Car Con Carne favorite: Smoking Popes!
Half the band jumped in my car outside the annual 350 Fest in
Tinley Park. Usually, I'm restricted to interviewing one Caterer
brother (Josh). For this momentous occasion, I had two Caterers in
the car (Josh and Eli)!
Discussed in this episode, sponsored by Boost Mobile:
- The world's most awkward bro hug ("I sensed a reticence on your
part... there was no torso contact").
- I'm terrible at the handshake thing.
- The hug issue is in no way tied to childhood trauma.
- WHAT WOULD BOOTSY COLLINS DO?
- Why do the Caterer wives hate me?
- Am I a bad influence?
- Why are the Smoking Popes like the Avengers?
- The new Smoking Popes album, due in October.
- The beauty of indie wrestling.
- The early days when Smoking Popes wore costumes on stage.
- They performed at 350 Fest for ailing brother Matt
- I CAME TO TINLEY PARK TO SNUGGLE.