Jul 13, 2019
This week, I'm joined by musician Aaron Williams, creator of the
Homegrown Arts & Music Festival, and Brian Shamie,
multiplatform editor and Sound Check columnist for the Daily
We got subs from Submarine Tender and talked about this year's
Homegrown Festival, happening at Basecamp in Lisle on 7/27 and
On the show:
- Aaron performs a killer acoustic version of his song
- Submarine Tender has the shittiest parking lot in all of the
- Shamie's evolution covering the local music scene.
- The must-sees and new faces on this year's Homegrown
- Nehi is the mark of a fine restaurant establishment.
- The need for local music coverage.
- The challenges of putting on an event like Homegrown.
- Some bands struggle with self-promotion.
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of