Sep 21, 2019
Graham Crabb and Mary Byker of the long-running Pop Will Eat
Itself jump into the car before headlining the first night of Cold
Waves VIII at Metro. Discussed on this episode:
- Everyone knows and has played with everyone else. Mary, in
particular, is in Pigface and first became well-known for Gaye
Bykers on Acid.
- The all-inclusive, un-pigeonholeable, sound of PWEI.
- The anniversary of PWEI's "This is the Day... " album. Mary: "I
just realized what a really great record it was... it's a genuinely
overlooked, great record."
- PWEI in the early 90s, and dealing with major labels.
- Graham is the only "through line" in the PWEI story.
- The ongoing role of technology in PWEI's music.
- The importance of talking about suicide.
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston