Jul 29, 2018
One of Chicago's most beloved musicians, Frank Orrall of Poi Dog
Pondering, jumps in the car in advance of his solo show at City
Winery (8/2/18). City Winery is always a cool place to hang out. Go
see a show there (like Frank Orrall solo). Or just go for the food
and wine. Just go: 1200 W Randolph.
This episode, sponsored by Boost Mobile, finds us talking
- Frank's "down" with duck tacos.
- "We're breaking the fish barrier tonight."
- City Winery to go? It's a Frank Orrall thing.
- I'm introduced to burrata cheese. WOW.
- There's nothing "rock star" about Frank (other than his rock
- Frank's culinary "Chef Franc" identity, where he goes to
people's homes, cooks for them, and plays for them.
- The time Poi Dog appeared on Letterman in the early 90s: "I was
exhilarated... I was pretty reckless in those days... ."
- Frank used to be a Pesch-catarian, only eating Joe Pesci.
- "We don't know what we're eating, and we love it."
- Poi Dog's declaration of independence: "Pomegranate."
- With as many people who've played in Poi Dog through the years,
how can Frank know for sure that I didn't play in the band
at one point?
- Next year's the 30th anniversary of Poi Dog!
- I eat gazpacho without a spoon: Sexy.
- Are there songs Frank/Poi Dog ever get tired of playing?
- Frank/Poi Dog's relationship with Chicago.
- New Poi Dog music: On the way!