Oct 16, 2018
Chicago band Friday Pilots Club (Caleb and Drew) jumped in the
Mazda CX-9 (on loan from the spectacular team at The Autobarn Mazda
of Evanston) for conversation and food from Red Hot Ranch (3057 N.
Ashland). Discussed this week:
- The Mazda CX-9 lends itself to an Iron Chef-type scenario.
- Bands need protein.
- Friday Pilots Club's winning the national next2rock
competition, earning them a record deal with Big Machine Label
- The band's reaction to being judged by the likes of Chris
Jericho and Jonathan Davis.
- The night of the finals: What went on in their heads?
- Drew's laptop died like a Viking.
- The parade that welcomed Friday Pilots Club back to Chicago
after their win.
- Next steps for the band: Album recording with a producer?
- The bands songs to-date. My favorite song, "Gold and Bones," an
exercise in vocal calisthenics.
- "Bad as Hell": It's a sex song.
- Swagger is a key ingredient of the band's total package.
- Caleb's crotch issues on stage.
- Friday Pilots Club needs more fog on stage.