Dec 23, 2018
Two guests! Two live performances! Amazing!
To wrap up 2018, Hi Ho (Gillian McGhee) and OUTDrejas joined me
for conversation and live performances inside a CX-5 on the
showroom floor of The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston. It was an amazing
day for the podcast, and a thrill to record at the Autobarn Mazda
of Evanston. We'll definitely be doing this again! Here's what
you'll hear in this episode:
Hi Ho segment
LIVE PERFORMANCE: "WHISKEY SHEETS"
- Gillian's 101 Dalmatians sweater and its long history in her
- What would Gillian eat, if we were allowed to eat in a new car
on a showroom floor?
- The evolution of Hi Ho and Turnspit.
- Hi Ho took a backseat to Turnspit for a while. GILLIAN'S IN A
LITERAL BACKSEAT. OMG.
- Gillian's moment on stage with Rise Against ("I sobbed for 20
- "Were you a fat five-year-old?"
- What's up with that t-shirt that has Gillian's young emo face
- Gillian's upcoming west coast tour ("basically not men").
- Gillian beat me to my Dad joke.
LIVE PERFORMANCE: "WE'LL FIGHT THE FIGHT"
- OUTDrejas is the only band who would tolerate having the
"Santa" filter added to our Facebook Live.
- OUTDrejas does an awful cover version of the podcast theme
song. Sorry, Josh Caterer of Smoking Popes.
- Why are there no clams?
- I spent the weekend with OUTDrejas.
- I don't know if I can explain what OUTDrejas is.
- David Drejas is a MASTER of "The Office" trivia.
- The secret origin of OUTDrejas.
- The differences between the Vietnam War and OUTDrejas's travel
itinerary. There were no parades when OUTDrejas came back,
- How can we further the Chicago scene?
- "Promise" is a must-hear OUTDrejas song.
- Recording in the CX-5 is a spiritual journey.
- OUTDrejas's web domain is seriously, no joke, not making this