Jul 15, 2017
Dan Dougherty has talents in multiple areas. His self-published
comics (Beardo, Touching Evil) are must-reads, and his band (On the
Off Chance) is on the rise in Chicago (wait until you hear about
the sweet opening gig they have coming up in September).
Dan met me for double cheeseburgers at the original Billy Goat
location (1535 W Madison St.). I'm a sucker for the thin patties
and communal condiments. We talked about:
- His life as an educator
- The difficulty of wolfing down Billy Goat burgers while doing
- One decade later, putting an end to his autobiographical
"Beardo" strip (Me: "HAVE YOU RUN OUT OF LIFE?")
- "Touching Evil": Cool premise and cool book (get in on this
now; issue #10 just came out)
- Why "writer's block" isn't the real issue facing creative
- The annual "Seeing of Dan Dougherty" at comic book
- C2E2 vs. Wizard World: Which is better?
- My french fry mistake
- On the Off Chance history
- The next On the Off Chance gig is HUGE. HUGE.
- Dan plays a new On the Off Chance Song, "Payday," live in the
- Things in my car were meant to be mounted
- Listen in as Dan sketches me (you can see the video on the Car
Con Carne YouTube page)
- I have an "elegant, hawk-like nose."
- I need an ice cream truck for Car Con Carne
- "Meat Window" is the name of the first adult movie I starred
...and it's all presented by BOOST MOBILE!