Mar 14, 2019
This week, it's the 4th annual Baconfest episode with Baconfest
(https://baconfestchicago.com/) co-founder Seth Zurer! We're joined
in the Mazda CX-9 (courtesy the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston) by Tim
Graham, chef/owner of the fantastic (and relatively new) dining
destination Twain (2445 N. Milwaukee Avenue).
Baconfest is one of my favorite things to do every year. This
year's event is on April 5 and 6, and each session has roughly 50
restaurants serving unique bacon creations.
Discussed this week:
- The mouth-watering, must-try food from Twain. Tim brought the
following three dishes into the car: Braised pork shank,
twice-baked potato gnocchi and the wedge salad with bacon
- The bacon steak is deep fried in tallow! We live in an age of
- The inspiration for Twain's menu: An exploration of midwestern
food pathways, including discoveries from hundreds of spiral-bound
cookbooks from womens' leagues.
- Seth brought the coveted Golden Rasher trophy into the Mazda
- Higher brain function ceases to exist for me after
- There's an "atomized bacon aroma" around Baconfest.
- Baconfest is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Seth is comforting... and delicious.
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of