Jul 19, 2019
Music legend Jim Peterik (Ides of March, Survivor, countless
songwriting credits throughout the past 50 years) joins me for a
fantastic meal provided by Revolution Brewpub (2323 N Milwaukee
Ave, Chicago, IL 60647). When I realized the iconic Jim Peterik
would be in my car, I wanted to be sure we ate at an iconic Chicago
location. From their iconic beers to the brewpub, Revolution is the
We covered A TON in this episode, and Jim had his guitar at the
ready throughout. Some highlights:
- The Ides of March are celebrating their 55th (!!) year with a
new album ("Play On").
- How on earth are the guys in Ides of March still friends?
- The first Ides of March rehearsal happened while the Beatles
were on Ed Sullivan.
- I blew Jim's mind by bringing a vinyl copy of Survivor's
"Premonition" album along for the recording.
- The life-changing phone call Jim got from Sylvester
- The evergreen quality of "Eye of the Tiger."
- What went into the writing of "Eye of the Tiger."
- Hulk Hogan using "Eye of the Tiger" as his entrance music.
- If I worked out, I'd listen to "Eye of the Tiger" all the
- Survivor's "Summer Nights" was my gateway drug to
- Jim plays "Vehicle" in my vehicle! SCORE!
Great God in heaven, you know I love Jim
- Could "Vehicle" have been a hit in the "Me Too" era?
- Why didn't Jim ever leave Chicago for warmer climes?
- Jim plays the new Ides of March song "Blue Storm
- Writing "Heavy Metal" with Sammy Hagar.
- The hits Jim wrote for .38 Special. Who doesn't sing
along loudly to "Hold On Loosely?
- Jim opened up for Zeppelin!
- The state of rock in 2019.
- Did the guys in Ides of March resent Jim for Survivor's
Car Con Carne is presented by the Autobarn Mazda of Evanston
<img class="alignnone wp-image-2595"
alt="Autobarn-AEM-Stacked-RGB (1)" width="246" height="110"