Aug 5, 2018
Up-and-coming Chicago band Parker (Devin, Trevor, Patrick) jumps
in the Mazda 3 outside the iconic Chicago hot dog stand Jim's
Original (1250 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL 60607). Discussed in this
episode, sponsored by Boost Mobile (the official cell provider of
Car Con Carne):
- Every time I say the band name, I want to say it like J. Jonah
Jameson in Spider-Man comics: "PARKER!"
- Parker's roots, dating back to the first floorboard-shaking
- The EP (Never Growing Old)
- Uber-producer Adam Krier (AM Taxi, Lucky Boys Confusion), and
Parker's "cold call" way of hooking up with him.
- Parker's lyrics and the emotional/personal ties of "My Prayer"
and "Never Growing Old."
- The supportiveness of the scene.
- Am I an "old timer?"
- That robust scent between the Mazda and 94? It's not a Maxwell
- The slightly challenging Google-ability of Parker.
- The band also turns in a jawdropping, stripped-down version of
"Never Growing Old."