Oct 2, 2017
This week, the Boost Mobile-sponsored Car Con Carne finds me
driving to Oak Lawn to meet Chicago band Black Bear Rodeo at
Grassano's (5651 W 87th St, Oak Lawn, IL 60453). Grassano's pizza
puffs are ginormous and delicious, and their reputation on the
south side is well-deserved.
The band started the podcast with a live version of
"California," which they rehearsed the previous night in another
Mazda! Here's what's in store for you this week:
- Pat Gleason of Gleason Landscaping came by, and Black Bear
Rodeo sang him an impromptu song
- The Grassano's parking lot exploded with local bands... and
beer... when the Ridgelands and Criminal Kids came out for the
- Human meat is the best kind of meat
- We had two plates for the five of us. And these puffs are too
big and too greasy to *not* have a plate.
- The best gig they ever played. There was alcohol involved.
- Upcoming gigs for Black Bear Rodeo: Moe's Tavern and Bada
- The band's just-shot video for "California"
- The Boost Mobile Social Media Message of the Week comes from
listener Johnny. He's a boob man.